APRIL DAY TRIPS
Here you will find detailed information about DAY TRIPS around Huntsville
Day Trips include
- Activities, Tour, organization, and destination fees
- DURING COVID, DAY TRIPS are limited to 5 travelers plus me. I am sorry for any inconvenience
- I drive ONE CAR with up to 3 other passengers with MASKS during COVID
- Drivers are responsible for their own driving 😉
- You may drive yourself instead of carpooling
- If a trip is full ~ tickets will not be available for purchase – but I re-visit destinations several times a year, please comment below if you would like to go to a city or site
- Pre-paid (Paypal) day trips are non-refundable and non-transferable to other day trips
- i.e. antique and/or shopping trips are not be suitable for children
- Uh, oh! Can’t go ~ last-minute… refunds are not possible, however, you may be able to “swap” your spot with another traveler from on the Facebook Group – Day Trips with Wendy
- All trip details are listed below – however, you may ask questions in the FACEBOOK group
- If you have an alias FB account please email me below to be added
- These small-group day trips are for recreational purposes, please bring your Smartphone or camera to take photos and learn more about Northern Alabama and Tennessee
- Day TRIPS meet at the Publix Parking lot in Hampton Cove
- A reservation is complete when payment is received.
Cheekwood in BLOOM
Join us this April as we visit Cheekwood in Bloom & Mansion, just outside of Nashville, Tennessee. A short drive from Huntsville to southern Tennessee to see these phenomenal Tulips in Bloom. I am excited to see if they are similar to the famous Keukenhof Gardens in Holland.
Who’s with us?
Today’s DayTrip Ticket includes entrance into the park, gardens, and mansion. Lunch is on your own and we will be stopping in for lunch at Cheekwood in the Cafe for sandwiches, salad, and tea.
- We will be leaving Hampton Cove Publix at 8:30 a.m.
- 8:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, as the grounds are extensive
- Don’t forget your camera or phone charger
- Don’t forget your COVID mask
- An additional driver will be needed
- CLICK HERE TO GO!
Falls Mill & Winchester TENNESSEE
If you haven’t visited Falls Mill & the adorable town of Winchester, Tennessee you are in for a treat! Falls Mill is one of the longest-running mills in the south. Today it produces some of the best stone-ground grits and flour! The history is amazing and a lot of fun.
We will also visit the town of Winchester to do a little shopping along their main street square and have lunch at the famous Holt’s Diner!
Want to do a little safe staycation? Come join us for this little local tour!
- Thursday, April 22, 2021
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lunch is not included in the day trip fee
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Daytrips are non-refundable or transferable
- CLICK HERE TO GO!
Hiking Fiery Gizzard Trail & Lodge Outlet
This day trip to southern Tennessee takes us just over the border to one of the most popular hiking trails in Tennessee. There are over a dozen waterfalls along the Fiery Gizzard River in Tennessee and the rock formations are unforgettable. About an hour and thirty minutes drive from Huntsville and we are in some Appalachian country that is enviable.
We will also be enjoying lunch at the Top of the Rock Restaurant & Brewery will incredible views and food as well. Then we are off to the Lodge Factory Outlet store in South Pittsburg.
Come join me for a healthy, incredible day with a little bit of shopping too!
- Saturday, April 24, 2021
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Please wear hiking boots, bring poles, a water bottle/pack, and appropriate clothing
- I WANNA GO HIKING! CLICK HERE TO GO!
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: This hike can be somewhat rocky near the creekbed boots and poles and some hiking experience is needed.
If you test positive or exhibit symptoms of COVID prior to any day trip, it is 100% refundable. Please be considerate and wear your mask in the car with others. If you would like to drive yourself, please coordinate with me.
Let’s have some local, safe adventures!