Cooking in Italy – September 27 – October 1, 2017
*This trip includes almost EVERYTHING except a few meals and your souvenir purchases
This wonderful trip to Umbria, Perugia, Italy will be unforgettable. We will be staying with Raffaela at her farm, the Agriturismo Villa “La volpe e l’uva.”
With stunning valley views of the vineyards and olive groves it is quintessential Italy! This trip includes almost EVERYTHING ~ transportation, fees and tolls, accommodations, breakfast, cooking classes (our lunch or dinner), and walking tours of Assisi and Perugia with Wendy.
Our tour begins with a stop-over in lovely Bellagio, Lake Como, considered to be the “Pearl of Como,” this beautiful town dates back several centuries. After we ferry over across the lake you’ll be able to enjoy an apertif lake-side or stroll the streets where local artisans and craftsmen still sell their wares today.
On Friday, we will enjoy an afternoon by the pool and walking through the vineyards, or get a massage after our morning of cooking with Raffa. Then on Saturday we will explore the saintly city of Assisi, the churches and the historical capital city of Perugia.
Lonely Planet describes Umbria as Italy’s green heart. It is a land unto itself, the only Italian region that borders neither the sea nor another country. Removed from influences, it has kept alive many of Italy’s old world traditions. You’ll see grandmothers in aprons making pasta by hand and front doors that haven’t been locked in a century.
Itinerary details ~
It’s a little trek to get to Umbria, so we leave on Wednesday and spend the night in Lake Como, Bellagio in a boutique hotel, Hotel Silvia Bellagio. After a great breakfast, we will spend time discovering a little more of Bellagio, it won’t feel long enough, but it will give everyone a taste ~
On Friday we will begin our authentic “Italian Cooking Class” with Raffa and after our bellies are full we can rest by the pool, go for a walk through the olive groves, schedule a massage (at the farm) before heading to Cortona in late afternoon to catch the sunset on Lake Trasimeno.We’ll enjoy dinner at one of the most beautiful wine cave restaurants in Tuscany, Ristorante Nessun Dorma.
On Saturday we will tour Assisi. We will be discovering this ancient, angelic town where miracles happen and see some amazing architecture. We will then head onto Perugia, where we will catch some lunch and do a little shopping while touring.
More trip details and goodies ~
- Each apartment sleeps two, some beds are queen size beds, others are twin beds. Preferences for bigger beds are given to groups traveling together or married travelers.
- Each apartment is equipped with a kitchenette and a “living room” area.
- Cooking classes are held at the farm with Raffaela and include Umbrian wines during meals, liquors for after dinner and lunch
- Certificate of participation
- Folder with all the recipes
- Apron of “Let’s Cook in Umbria”
Other “foodie” facts about Perugia ~
The cuisine in the Province of Perugia is frugal and made from genuine products such as olive oil, often accompanied by bruschetta, grilled meats, and vegetables. Black truffles, a typical product of the region, are used in many dishes are the main ingredient of the Easter Pizza, a salted panettone (Christmas cake) flavoured with pecorino (sheep’s milk cheese)
Deposits and disclaimers
- Reservations are made when a deposit of half is received – €425
- Remaining balance is due NLT – August 31, 2017
- There are three ways to make a reservation, please fill out the form below for more information
- With all of my trips, if there is a waiting list or YOU find a replacement, a full-refund is possible, however, in the event that there is NO replacement or substitute but payment has been received refunds are sometimes not possible as payments are typically paid prior to our trips. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
- I am a travel professional, however, I am unable to control traffic patterns, program schedule changes, or surprises on our trips. Most of the time these are blessings and we have lots of laughs.
For a FULL itinerary and more information please fill out the form below ~