Germany’s famous Oktoberfest in Münich began in 1810 as a part of a wedding for a prince and has been celebrated yearly. The fest gets bigger and bigger every year. Here in Stuttgart we celebrate with the Cannstatter Fest in October and Frühlings Fest in April.
- Book your tent (building) early
- Ticket prices usually include at least 2 or 3 large beers/Radlers (beer with sprite) and 1/2 roast chicken
- Smoking is allowed in tents
- Both Cannstatter Fest and Frühlings Fest are celebrated in the Bad Cannstatt Fair grounds
- Taking the train is easiest, (S1) parking is very difficult
- Going at night is not recommended for small children, however during the day the fest rides and food are great with kids (going on Saturday’s are busy, busy)