The Romantic Road of Bavaria ~
€445/traveler – this Weekend with Wendy includes transportation, accommodations with breakfast, activities and tour fees
Created in the 1950’s to rebuild tourism within Germany, this wonderful route includes medieval towns, half-timbered houses, and castles that weave in and out of wonderful Bavaria~
Itinerary includes visiting four of these towns in just THREE days~
- August 17 – Leave Stuttgart and travel to the town of Donauworth ~
- This small town on the Romantic Road was once a free Imperial city and its main street is called Reichsstrasse (Empire Street) – because it was considered part of the Imperial route between Nürnberg and Augsburg. Markets were held along this street and some of the oldest buildings in the town are still here.
- August 18 – Today we will visit the towns of Dinkelsbühl and Rothenburg ob der Tauber – these enchanting towns in Bavaria are famous for their precious homes, cobblestone streets, outdoor markets and bakery delights. We will also be attending the famous Nightwatchman’s Tour in Rothenburg ob der Tauber (RoT) – this addition to the itinerary will be unforgettable
- August 19 – Not done yet…. after our enjoyable breakfast in Nördlingen we will hop the road to visit the Swabian town of Schwäbisch Hall.
Sitting on the Kocher River and dotted with half-timbered houses this picturesque village is home to St. Michaels church, a Romanesque-Gothic Saint Michael’s church in the heart of the city with steep steps and an even higher steeple the panoramic views of the valley are unforgettable.
Information about WwW – Weekends with Wendy
This small group travel experience (7 passengers & myself) is unforgettable. Trips include accommodations with Wi-Fi and breakfast, transportation, activities and tours. Accommodations are double-occupancy unless, single room supplements may be available upon request. Lunch and dinner are on-your-own unless otherwise stated. For transportation, we take a 9-passenger van with me as the driver. All ©Travel with Wendy trips are insured. My trips book up quickly, FULL payment is due at the time of reservation.
Refunds are not possible, I apologize for any inconvenience however, close to departure, most deposits, fees and tours are paid prior to departure. Individual trip insurance is available USAA, ADAC or private insurance distributors. Thank you for your understanding.
FAQs of policies and procedures
Here you will find some frequently asked questions about my policies and procedures for organizing a trip ~1) Trips ARE FULL?? What?? You just posted it ~ yup, sometimes that happens. Once you’ve traveled with me, you move to a “preferred list” or “FIRST TRAVELERS list.”2) First come, FIRST SERVE. FULL PAYMENT is REQUIRED for a confirmed reservations – no partial payments accepted. If you “just tell/text/e-mail me” of your interest in the trip it does not confirm your reservation.
3) Booked Trip Cancellation Policy – I reserve the right to cancel a tour if the required minimum participation is not reached 30 days prior to departure. If I cancel a tour I will contact you immediately by e-mail or text (FB.) In the event I have to cancel a trip because of lack of participation, you will be refunded 100% of your trip fee.