Living in Stuttgart, Germany has been a culinary dream. There is no shortage of great eats in this region. To be successful in the restaurant business in Europe I have learned you must have great, consistent service, fresh food, and seasonal specialties. Stuttgart EATS a LOT! A plethora of restaurants in every town no matter if it is a suburb or right downtown, you will typically find a great restaurant in close proximity of anywhere you are in Baden-Württemberg.
So I promised before I left, I would share some of my favorites after five years. From Thai to Italian to Swabian and everything in between. Some are just outside of Stuttgart and some right here, a train ride away.
Here’s a caveat – People are very passionate about food and restaurants, these are my favorites. So I respect and honor yours too – if you have some please share in the comments below – I’m a sharer.
- ADDRESS- Erbachstraße 27/1, 71106 Magstadt
- PHONE – 07159 42557
- On the MENU ~
- Schnitzel, Zweibelrostbraten, Maultaschen, Fresh Forellen (white fish), Salmon, pasta dishes and seasonal specialties.
- SALADS – my favorite is a Salad with bacon-wrapped goat cheese fresh mix salad with french vinaigrette,
- Cevapcici (little hamburger links with red pepper sauce) to
- This counter-pounding, slapping schnitzel favorite local place will be the freshest schnitzel you’ve had in Stuttgart.
- They also have a children’s menu – the menu is not in English but if you ask them they will help you out.
- Navi and Uli own this little restaurant tucked away in Magstadt and I think we have eaten here once a week for five years. They not only have a fantastic restaurant but are now part of our German family.
- Uli is Austrian and trained in France as a Chef who lives in Germany and is married to Navi who is from the Balkans so the menu has an amazing variety.
- RESERVATIONS are recommended on weekend nights – closed on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- ADDRESS – Kaltenwanghof 1, 73235 Weilheim
- PHONE – 07023 740098
- located between Stuttgart and Ulm, definitely worth the hop of the interstate for a bite
- Local favorites made with local ingredients
- Great staff
- Reasonably priced
- Reservations are highly recommended for lunch and dinner
- Huge space for off-site functions (4 dining rooms)
- Great views of the Swabian valley
- ADDRESS – Vaihinger Markt 14, 70563 Stuttgart
- PHONE – 0711 74008183
- located in the heart of Vaihingen, this cozy cafe is one of the BEST breakfast restaurants in the Stuttgart area
- Omelette menu with so many choices you’ll want to visit weekly to try a new one
- REAL BACON~ enough said
- Cafe, coffee and pastries also with an extensive tea selection
- Outdoor seating in the market square
- Great SERVICE!
- ADDRESS – Mercedesstrasse 3, 71063 Sindelfingen
- PHONE – 07031-7641910
- Our favorite location is Sindelfingen because it is so close to home in Magstadt, but with two, one in Leonberg too, so they must be doing GREAT! YAY!
- Gustaggio’s has a fantastic menu
- Pizzas that taste authentically Italian
- Pastas, Salads, Sweets and a great BAR!
- I love it because it is your way, Italian way – you can choose your pasta, your sauce and YOU can watch them do it all! With a brick oven stove and a glass encasement you can see all the Chefs hard at work making your meal
- Incredible salads – one of my favorite is the VEGGI ~ it has grilled vegetables, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and a light vinaigrette, YUM!
- MAKE RESERVATIONs – especially if you are later than 7:00 p.m. – it’s so good it is always busy.
- ADDRESS -Milan Square 23, 70173 Stuttgart
- PHONE – 0711-28413444
- Newly discovered (for me) Italian restaurant right across from the Milaneo mall.
- Delicious menu with lots of seafood options
- Daily specials
- PIZZA can be made Gluten-FREE
- Saturdays from 11:30 – 6 p.m. ALL Pizzas are €6.50
- Make RESERVATIONS
It’s all GREEK to me
- ADDRESS – Mercedesstr. 1 , 71063 Sindelfingen
- PHONE – 07031 466780
- Fresh greek every day, every night
- Love the service – very friendly and speak great English
- Menu is perfectly greek and portions are GREAT too
- Nice bar as well and complimentary ouzo when we left!
- Make RESERVATIONS
- ADDRESS – Mahdentalstraße 68, 71065 Sindelfingen
- PHONE – 07031 6960
- We have searched for the BEST steaks of Stuttgart and easily the Sindelfingen Marriott has won- hands-down
- The steaks are pricier than we have in the states but they are coming from Kansas, so there you go. My husband’s favorite is the Ribeye (he’s from Missouri) Mine is the petite filet with the Bernaise sauce. They have several sauces to pair as well as sides that are typical from the states
- Make reservations especially on weekends
- This newly renovated property shines with attentive service and everyone speaks English. Ask for Sam or Victoria, tell them Wendy sent you.
- ADDRESS – Kronprinzstraße 24, 70173 Stuttgart
- PHONE – 0711 87039880
- Excellent aged steaks with great service
- Great location in the town, right outside of Stadtmitte
- One of the better steak restaurants in town
- Great date night without kids
- Known for their dry-aged beef on display
- Fun bar with lots on the cocktail drink list
- Pricier than most
- RESERVATIONS are a must
I like burgers so much I dedicated an entire Burger BLOG on them. Check this out for a full list ~ here’s my number #1
- ADDRESS – Buchenstraße 24, 70174 Stuttgart
- PHONE – 0711 72238400
- I love the Burger House – the owner worked and studied in NYC so their cosmopolitan flair is recognized from the menu to the food presentation.
- Sweet potato fries and Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich
- My favorite is the Low-Carb burger with pesto mayonnaise and veggies ~ YUM!
- They have a “lunch” special that is perfectly portioned and you can try it out frequently to taste it all
- Say “hi” to Nikko!
- They serve Coke products
- No need for reservations – unless you go in the evening or with a large group
- Location is perfect – right at the Stadtmitte train stop at the top of the escalator.
- ADDRESS – Katzenbachstr. 46 Stuttgart, Germany 70563
- PHONE – 0711 70727292
- This Thai restaurant is close by in Vaihingen to our community
- Excellent Asian fusion recipes with full portions
- Food presentation is really professional
- RESERVATIONS a must – even for two
- Parking can be difficult so be prepared to walk a little bit if there is no parking close by
10. King’s Palace
- ADDRESS – Schafgasse 3, 70563 Stuttgart
- PHONE – 0711 7826993
- Lots of variety on the menu, Thai, Vietnamese, and Chinese
- Very nice service, speak German and English
- Park at the mall – Schwabengalleria
- Very fast service too – nice teas to compliment the menu
- My family LOVES it here, so we’ve gone a LOT!
~ BONUS ~
Mexican – o.k., just kidding! This one is a psych out ~ I haven’t found a decent one in the Stuttgart area – you have to go to Berlin. But here is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Berlin – Dolores California Burritos – rated #1 Burritos in Berlin – they call it Cali-Mex!
Two locations – we visited ~ Bayreuther strasse. 3610789 Berlin Schöneberg
Remember to join me soon for my trip to Copenhagen, Denmark & our voyage on the Queen Mary 2!
It’s always an adventure when you ©Travel with Wendy!
PIN ME FOR LATER!